By: MIASF Staff
Date posted: Dec 21, 2020 Mon
Featured Job, Palm Beach State College: Instructor, Marine Service Technology (Lake Worth Campus)
Instruct college students in accordance with educational theories and techniques. Develops discipline related curricula, assess student learning, participates in program evaluation, college activities and serves on committees. Maintains college and department standards in support of the College's mission and strategic plan. This is a grant-funded position. Continued employment is contingent upon grant funding.
Starting Salary: $38,077.00. Commensurate with education and experience.
Applications without attached copies of official transcripts or non-web based unofficial transcripts will not be considered. Transcripts for full-time Faculty positions must either be an official copy or a college-stamped student copy or a non-web based unofficial transcript, scanned into an electronic format and attached to their application. Transcripts produced through web-based student systems will not be accepted.
- Marine Industry Certifications, Military Marine Certifications, or ASE T1 and T2 certification, AND 2 years minimum field experience; OR 6 years minimum experience in the field
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekend, and on multiple campuses if needed.
- Occupational experience recognized, and teaching experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate the use of technology in the classroom; must be able to use the technology required for the assigned course. Coursework within the degree must reflect competencies in the courses to be taught.
- Must demonstrate cultural competency to engage and work with a diverse student and employee population.
- American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) or similar marine specific certification
For positions that require a college degree, Palm Beach State only recognizes degrees confirmed from institutions that are accredited by one of the seven regional accrediting organizations. To view a listing of the regionally accredited organizations, please visit the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Degrees from outside the United States must be validated by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). An evaluation report from an accrediting organization must be attached prior to the application closing date of each position. To view a listing of the current members of (NACES), please visit https://www.naces.org/members.
For more information and to apply online, please visit the following link: https://palmbeachstate.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/external/job/Lake-Worth-Campus/Instructor--Marine-Service-Technology_R0006594.