Member News - Westrec Marinas
By: MIASF Staff
Date posted: May 27, 2020 Wed
Westrec Marinas has announced major improvements to Florida properties, Hall of Fame Marina and Sunrise Harbor. Westrec has been hard at work on upgrades to some of its Florida facilities to best accommodate the needs of today’s yachts. Hall of Fame recently reopened after a renovation project that added 5 mega-yacht slips to their marina basin. The piers in the new slips are some 155’ feet long easily accommodating vessels to 170’. They also provide the power needed for these larger vessels 2-240v single phase, 2-208v 3 phase, and 2-480v 3-phase pedestals. The project included removing 400' of wooden docks and replacing them with 600' feet of concrete Bellingham Marine floating docks. Just north of Port Everglades, Hall of Fame provides complete personalized customer service.
Sunrise Harbor Marina completed major dredging of the marina basin and complete remodeling of the Marina office. Located on the Intracoastal, in the heart of Fort Lauderdale’s bustling yachting community, Sunrise Harbor offers impeccable service for yachts within the context of a luxurious residential community. The property has undergone a series of renovations over the last two years. These include:
• Dredging the marina basin to a deep draft of 11’—accommodating larger boats with deeper drafts throughout the entire marina footprint
• Fitness Center remodel—including increased recreational space, adding state-of-the-art exercise equipment, and new men’s and women’s facilities with saunas and changing rooms
• Marina office upgrade—complete remodel, including updated furnishings
• New security system—operating all doors, elevators and controlling garage access
• Wi-Fi—reaching the entire marina with 5.0 megs of high-speed service
• Spa services—on-property Casbah Spa renovations as well as being adjacent to the Galleria Mall with its shopping and epicurean dining
Both Hall of Fame and Sunrise Harbor Marina have earned the State of Florida’s Clean Marina designation. Ensuring environmental responsibility of yacht owners and all marina workers and guests is integral to Westrec’s marina operations throughout the country, preserving our waterways for future generations to enjoy.