Florida Boasts 5 of Top 10 National Fishing Spots July 5, 2014
A nationwide search has identified the best family-friendly fishing and boating locations, compiled by the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) with Florida outpacing all other states with five spots on the “Top 10 List.” RBFF asked members of its online community to vote for their favorite parks to go boating and C4040-226 fishing, and nearly 200,000 votes were cast.
The parks on the list represent the best family-friendly fishing and boating areas, all within a reasonable drive from many major cities. Many of the parks offer multiple species to catch, areas for picnics and restrooms. Each location has the opportunity to cast a line, whether from shore or a boat.
Of the Top 10 spots, Florida lays claim to half of them (see list below). In all, C4040-226 26 states have at least one park in the Top 100. California took top honors with the number one spot, and came in tied with Texas in having eight parks in the Top 100. Following close behind were Florida, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania with six parks each.
Cities that produced the most votes include the usual suspects such as New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles; however, Nebraska was included with both Omaha and Lincoln making the list.
A full list of the Top 100 Family Fishing and Boating Spots can be found in the Community section of TakeMeFishing.org. There is also a sharable infographic available for stakeholders that includes details around the Top 100 Family Fishing and Boating Spots. A template press release has been created for states to utilize in their outreach efforts.
The Top 10 Spots list includes:
- Lake Berryessa, Pleasure Cove Resort and Marina, Napa Valley, CA
- Bahia Honda State Park, Big Pine Key, FL
- Skyway Fishing Pier State Park, St. Petersburg, FL
- Everglades National Park, Homestead, FL
- Kissimmee State Park, Lake Wales, FL
- Galveston Island State Park, Galveston, TX
- Lake Chabot Regional Park, Castro Valley, CA
- Blue Springs State Park, Orange City, FL
- Table Rock State Park, Branson, MO
- Presque Isle State Park, Erie, PA
And one more spot in Florida was on the list
21. Lake Talquin State Park, Tallahassee, FL