Award nominations sought; 2015-16 board announced April 20, 2015
Nominations are being accepted for the annual Golden Anchor Award and Award of Excellence. The deadline to nominate someone for either award is May 18. The Golden Anchor Award recognizes a lifetime of industry contribution and achievement. Awards of Excellence recognize significant contributions over the past year. You may nominate more than one person or organization for the Awards of Excellence. The application has been emailed to all members, if you need any additional application email email@example.com.
Winners will be announced at the MIASF annual dinner on Saturday, June 6.
Also, the MIASF Board of Directors has voted on and approved the slate of officers and directors proposed by the Nominating Committee for 2015-16. For the upcoming year, the officers, who will serve a one-year term, are:
- President: Danielle Butler, Luxury Law Group
- Vice President: David Reed, The Triton
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jim Naugle, Jim Naugle and Co.
- Past President: Kristina Hebert, Ward’s Marine Electric
The nominees for the four vacant Board of Directors seats, to serve two-year terms, are:
- Lisa Morley – Maritime Professional Training (MPT)
- James Brewer – Derecktor of Florida
- Jimmie Harrison – Frank & Jimmie’s Propeller
- Jay Reynolds – JP Reynolds Company, Inc.
- Paul Engle – Bradford Marine
- John Terrill – Lauderdale Marine Center
- Colleen Deverteuil – M. Barry Construction
- John Jarvie – Oversea Insurance
To vote, all members will receive a ballot, which must be submitted by May 18.